Angeldust PostFX BETA!

in English in Foren

Beitrag 1–10 von 23

1 2 3 » Weiter

OP

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

We're going to beta test Angeldust PostFX for Windows! This is an official post-processing add-on to improve the visual quality of Angeldust. It currently runs on 64-bit Windows 7 and up. If you have some time and a decent graphics card that supports OpenGL 4.3, download the BETA version here: http://downloads.angeldu.st/Angeldust-PostFX-3.1b4.zip (ZIP, 1.3 MiB) It's made for use with the upcoming Angeldust v3.1 update, but you can test it out on Angeldust v3.0 using the cinematic mode. Let me know your installation, testing and visual results! I discussed the technical details on livestream #241: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioVm_Nu4QlY&t=7333

# 2

von

Alexi M

vor 4 Jahre

There is my review and first experience of using angeldust postFX. I would like to make out both the pack itself as a whole and the effect that forms it, so. FXAA - not the best choice in quality among anti-aliasing effects, but the best if you choose optimization. It perfectly smoothes the edges of 3D objects, but does not behave well with distant flat objects. But still I would insist on replacing this with SSAA. DoF - A good effect that adds a certain depth to the picture, as well as not bad eliminates the moment with the visible end of the rendered area. Ambient Light - Perhaps one of the most basic effects here. The effect basically adds a pleasant natural glow from the sky, and also from other bright elements contrasting against the background. Sometimes it is enough, and sometimes it is a little more than necessary. Overall, this is a great effect that would definitely fit into the game. MXAO - The best post-process effect right here. That effect making correctly darkens different corners, adds a sense of relief on different surfaces. Strangely enough, this effect correctly darkens the terrain in accordance with the lighting of the place - where there is a lamp or other light source, there will be less blackout, where less light - there will be more blackout. This is definitely an important effect, and it is definitely irreplaceable here. Pack itself - Definitely a beautiful atmospheric balanced shader, which, although it does not transform the visual of the game in "The Witcher 3", but just reveals the beauty of the game. This is what Angeldust should be in 2019. So, this should certainly be introduced into the game, this will only benefit. Yes, I understand that there is an argument to this, that phones or the same notorious MacBook cannot withstand such a load. In this case, there is a concept - downgrade. Downgrade graphics for different platforms is normal, this phenomenon is not uncommon, and so does each developer in such situations, that's absolutely normal. Generally, I got a positive impression from this, I hope for further prosperity and will wait for new versions and patches.

# 3

von

Alexi M

vor 4 Jahre

Yes, I know what I can replace any effect myself and I already did it. Just offering improvements for the official shader pack.

# 4

von

Alexi M

vor 4 Jahre

Made mistake with anti-aliasing effect name. SMAA, not SSAA, sorry.

# 5

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

Thanks for the extensive review Alex! It's because of you I was finally able to add post-processing and I think the game looks very handsome with it. It's a great way to see where I can take the game visually and I'm really looking forward to bringing these visuals onto other platforms besides Windows. I will release another beta version very soon that fixes a visual problem that Alex reported and debugged. If anyone else wants to help test Angeldust PostFX, please do :D!

# 6

von

Fierro

vor 4 Jahre

It sounds great! I'm looking forward to trying it on Linux ^^

# 7

von

Alexi M

vor 4 Jahre

Little comparison of Original and Reshade graphics from me: https://imgur.com/a/6wEUFkw

# 8

von

Firefly

vor 4 Jahre

Thanks for the comparison shots Alex! I'll be tweaking the PostFX pack a little soon, trying to squeeze out just a few more FPS where possible. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the improvements.

# 9

von

obi-

vor 4 Jahre

The pics with MXAO look horrible, I really hate how the dark spots apear. Definetly against MXAO.

# 10

von

Alexi M

vor 4 Jahre

This is absolutely normal from the point of view of physics. Less light comes to these places, or its light is small, from which this darkening appears in various recesses. But if everything is so bad, then Firefly could lower the MXAO power from 2 to 1,5 or 1.

Beitrag 1–10 von 23

1 2 3 » Weiter