RFC: Photon, mimic interaction

in English in Forums

Post 21–30 of 50

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 » Next

# 21

by

Loki The Witful

1 year ago

This sounds like a good fix but, how will this work in streaming city or any other build together place. On a other note would it be possible to make the mimic photon switch in the mimic brick, not in the land claim?

# 22

by

Rob12

1 year ago

@ Loki The Witful, maybe streaming cities can be (toggled off) by default and if someone wants to build something using the new mimic block photon interactions, they could apply to have the claim (toggled on) as long as no one else had already built there using mimics next to photons in untoggled mode. However if it is easy enough to put the toggle into the mimic blocks themselves, that would probably work better. But I'm not sure if FF can do that or not?

# 23

by

Firefly

1 year ago

The feature is currently back to the drawing board, so I can design a less problematic second incarnation. I think it has great potential, but it needs to integrate just slightly better than the current proposal.

# 24

by

fatih+

1 year ago

o

# 25

by

Firefly

1 year ago

In addition to @fatih+'s marvelous contribution, here's a link to yesterday's livestream segment with three more photon mimic demo's by @obi-: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39LLLm2VIg8&t=8073s You get a demo of: – D9 clan – a spinning barber shop pole – a block grinding machine – bear machine v2.1 Note that the feature is in limbo right now, but this is what you would have been able to have. I can't promise something like this is coming to the game anytime soon.

# 26

by

Hummm

1 year ago

gg @fatih+!!

# 27

by

Firefly

1 year ago

For a full and updated, more elaborate photon mimic demo, see this recent livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H0fgfo36XI

# 28

by

Hummm

1 year ago

3 states, yes! wireless: YES, YES ... rather then an address of a block to activate, use an index. (each claim starts at 1) than ask on the photon injector which index it toggles.. this allows a single injector activate multiple mimics ... and since this is 2022, not 1980, perhaps instead of a number, it's a name [label] :)

# 29

by

obi-

1 year ago

So the wireless indexes would range from 0 to 64512? (32x32x63) Sounds like less input needed, which is good. I still want the in-claim coords in the block picker tho

# 30

by

Hummm

1 year ago

no, just an arbitrary lookup to tie an injector to a set of imitators

Post 21–30 of 50

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 » Next