Game world permanence

in English in Forums

Post 11–20 of 31

Previous « 1 2 3 4 » Next

# 11

by

Oasis

6 years ago

I think its about time I start aiming for a spot on the top scoreboard.

# 12

by

Firefly

6 years ago

@space is green: in quantum physics things are mostly where they are, except for when they aren't :) Wrapping up the last parts of this patch today so I'll be able to roll it out this week. The client will remain unchanged.

# 13

by

Fierro

6 years ago

"no, I haven't left, not even considered leaving ... you have seen the scoreboard, yes?? ... my plan is to hold the top 3 spots ... but Fierro is messing w/ me :P" -- Hummmm I'm guilty ;) LOL

# 14

by

Firefly

6 years ago

I'm rolling out this server update in the next hour. Expect the game server to go down briefly and then we'll start testing the game world permanence on stream later today :-)

# 15

by

Alexi M

6 years ago

Now no one will escape me >:)))))

# 16

by

Hummm

6 years ago

I just tried it out .. for a quick 20-25 minutes. I'm NOT a fan. I will have to significantly change the way I play. The time for creatures to respawn from cleared areas is WAY too long. And the persistence is a big downer. I have a "red" area right next to my hunting grounds, that I often enter in search of a certain rare creature, but if there are unfavorable creatures, I don't enter. (I'm quite particular about what creatures I engage, because several are not worth the time it take to kill them) returning 5, 10, 15 and even 20 minutes later (even after moving a significant distance away) when I returned the unfavorable creature was still in the exact same spot. ... I guess this was the whole point of the change... I don't like it. I'm hoping enough other people feel the same way I do.

# 17

by

Hummm

6 years ago

wow I sound like such a nay sayer! ... ok just I did another 15 minutes. It definitely slows the whole pace of the game down. But then it hit me: here's a way to compromise. Make the persistence/respawn be a factor of what world level your at. (honestly, I've never noticed a difference between hunting at world level 150 vs world level 512) But if this new persistence behavior was implemented for world levels 1-255, and 256-512 went back to the old way, it would allow players to decide for themselves what kind of "world" they want to play in... perhaps, instead of just a 50/50 split, you implemented a graduated change, such that hunting at world level 512 was just an amazing spawn rate!

# 18

by

Firefly

6 years ago

It was always a technical limitation that creatures immediately despawned and respawned and I'm really glad I finally fixed that. But I do get that it's a big change if you relied on those mechanics to farm! Let's try it out on the live stream in a few minutes to see if I don't lose my horse again. Then we'll take it from there to see how it goes.

# 19

by

Hummm

6 years ago

yes, absolutely get feedback from the live stream ... but I suspect not losing horse will be the only observable change to live stream. The MO of live stream is to start at a random point and just move "inland" and never retreat from a creature... if you never circle back, you'll never see the change.

# 20

by

Hummm

6 years ago

Firefly ... go to Frozen Shards ... kill a few things... but stay in Frozen Shards ... in less than 10 minutes you'll have 4 or 5 Hydras, 3 rage trolls, and 2-3 King scorpions all shooting fire bombs and stun flowers ... so many creatures on you (that previously despawned when you out ran them) but now give chase relentlessly. this is really a major change.

Post 11–20 of 31

Previous « 1 2 3 4 » Next