Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Something Strange...

in English in Forums

Post 1–5 of 5

OP

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

I just used the "Wonder" button and it took be to a town where there were brown, castle-like buildings. I exited the town and proceeded through Blackrock Dunes, and as I went through that land, the red rock that was there was disappearing, one by one. I turned around and walked towards some more red rock and those disappeared, also. I wasn't lagging, either. It never did that before.

# 2

by

Hummm

6 years ago

That's your client updating it's copy the world ... parts of this were discussed in some of the recent live streams ... the AD world is not fully realized in the client, it is functionally generated on the fly as it is needed then updated as needed. (A mind blowing technology) However, if players cause the world to be different than the function would create it (via claim and mod, or destruction via creature battles, or from before the claim system existed (open builds)) then the server must sync the client. If you come back to the area (after getting fully synced) you should not see these updates. Firefly ... please correct anything I misinterpreted or misconcluded.

# 3

by

Firefly

6 years ago

@Hummm that's 99% spot on.

# 4

by

Kamikaze Justice

6 years ago

That makes complete sense, in a mind-blowing kind of way. And you got an A... a 99%. Study a little harder and you can get a 100% ;)

# 5

by

Hummm

6 years ago

@ Firefly ... I must know the missing 1% ;)

Post 1–5 of 5