Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Angeldust Live! #190

in English in Forums

Post 1–9 of 9

OP

by

Firefly

6 years ago

This week's live stream will be on FRIDAY instead of Sunday. My schedule for the weekend has changed a bit, so I hope you'll all be able to join me two days earlier. I'll be showing a new Angeldust v2.22 build with the latest and greatest improvements!

# 2

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

Seems like everyone left early, huh? We killed the one mammoth and then there were few people left to he the other two and we were destroyed many times. Anyway, then we went to look at stairs. I was a bit confused too, but the blocks were behaving correctly because like roofing blocks they peak. Like if I made a pyramid this would be the top. Firefly put 2 stair blocks on the side for a total of 4, if another row of 4 blocks were added to the north side it would have squared off and made a small porch. Instead of being the top of the pyramid, this would act like the second level from the top. Zero ended up flanking the stairs with solid blocks and having something next to the stair block causes them to not peak.

# 3

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

And I like how the paver blocks will work in the update. I'm curious as to how other block types will respond to the paver block. 20 minutes in you summoned that hydra. It didn't show up on my screen. I have no idea what was going, clearly you're trying to do something and for whatever reason we did not see that hydra. I was next to you and looking right at it. I flipped to the YouTube window and I saw a hydra there. I went back into the game window and no hydra. Humm or someone said they couldn't see it either. Only then did you crash it again. I just wanted to make sure you knew that while it couldn't interact with you and you couldn't interact with it, we couldn't even see it. :)

# 4

by

Fierro

6 years ago

I think I know what you mean ;) There are some 'secret commands'. There is one command that spawns sprites. You gives an index to that command and that sprite would be created at your position. But it is just an sprite, an inactive creature, it's not a 'real' NPC. And it's only local, it's not in the server. So no one else can see your local sprites. It's useful for testing and for screenshots :) I don't remember that command now, but it was in the forum... ;)

# 5

by

Firefly

6 years ago

Yes, I tried to show something on-stream using a secret command :) I also predicted it would crash my game and it did. The command I used only spawns local sprites, they are indeed invisible to other players. Fierro is spot on with the explanation. It's mostly useful for screenshots that I make.

# 6

by

Firefly

6 years ago

As for the 'paver' block—I'm not sure what you mean with that. Maybe you mean the panel blocks? Those will span all the way to any thin blocks below them. It's not a shocking change, but will allow for some new building tricks and I don't think it'll affect any existing buildings (I'm not sure if I can check that reasonably).

# 7

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

It is actually shocking. It's awesome because I've tried to do that and it didn't work and it should. I saw the Facebook post and I was confused because I couldn't see in the picture but the stream cleared it up nicely. All of a sudden that will work on the windows to my house! I was just wondering if I have a paver block and a grass block above it, for instance, the grass block won't pull down to it. That's what I figured, because a ladder before tables was pavers stacked atop each other. I just don't know for sure so I ask and then I can know. It sounds awesome. It is a great and drastic change. I expected it sometime but I can assure you that I didn't expect it to be now. I don't really have words to describe how good this is.

# 8

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

Umm the 'paver' blocks are the flat blocks. They're called capital blocks as well as pavement blocks in the English version. I guess I abbreviated that myself because of my northeastern American dialect. No big deal except that we didn't understand each other. If they were consistently named as capital blocks instead of sometimes nothing and sometimes a pavement block. Capital means nothing to me but it would if that's what they wee consistently called. Pavement is the correct English term. That would mean a parking lot or a road material. If I wanted a sidewalk I would go to the local lumber store and I would ask for concrete sidewalk pavers. Is the word closer to capital where you are? To me capital contains the word cap meaning top. Pavement or pavers would tend to mean bottom and that's why I chose that word and in New York a sidewalks and the street is pavement and the individual poured sidewalkthiscks are called pavers. It's interesting to me that the language barrier between you and I caused this. I wish that I could speak Russian.

# 9

by

Gerberd

6 years ago

capital would mean money. Such as a business capital would be The maximum amount of money that would be available for business transactions.

Post 1–9 of 9