Android game controllers

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 24

1 2 3 » Next

OP

by

Firefly

5 years ago

I've been getting more and more requests for adding game controller support to the Android version of Angeldust. To plan and test this, I'd like to hear which game controllers everyone intends to use. So if you're on Android and have a game controller you'd like to use, please post its make and model in this thread and it'll be on my radar.

# 2

by

Fierro

5 years ago

I use a XBox 360 Wireless controller. I need to buy a new OTP cable... mine is broken. I have some other 'generic' USB controllers to test too. I don't have BT controller.

# 3

by

Firefly

5 years ago

I just ordered a completely random Android-compatible Bluetooth game controller to test with. Hopefully I'll be able to get it working quickly.

# 4

by

Firefly

5 years ago

I received the game controller and it properly connects to my Android testing phone. I'll be diving into the issue over the next days or weeks, depending on how much time I've got besides working on other parts of the game.

# 5

by

CAPTWINDOWShobos

5 years ago

Awesome I just can't get the hang of playing on touch screen and I'm without a working computer

# 6

by

Firefly

5 years ago

@CAPT I heard all about it. I hope to get everything working for the next update.

# 7

by

Firefly

5 years ago

One week later it works! There is a small issue while entering text, but other than that my Android game controller is now working flawlessly. I think almost every model and make should work, but just to be sure I've also included device-specific workarounds like PS4 and Xbox models. Now the big question is: can everyone wait until the next update or should I release an in-between hotfix?

# 8

by

CAPTWINDOWShobos

5 years ago

I can wait I'm going on a working vacation Monday for at least a week

# 9

by

Gerberd

5 years ago

I'll need to buy one of these controllers. I could sure put it to some use; if it would work that would be sweet. Like I said I have to buy it still. I can wait. https://imgur.com/a/t7vbyAn I can wait if Captwindowshobos can.

# 10

by

Hummm

5 years ago

Nice work Firefly ... now back to work on PvP!

Post 1–10 of 24

1 2 3 » Next