Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

Horizontal pipe blocks

in English in Forums

Post 1–6 of 6

OP

by

CAPTWINDOWShobos

5 years ago

Cool interactive horizontal pipe and rope tiles would be awesome, they could have plumbing joints and/or knots where the intersect with vertical blocks of the same type.

# 2

by

Firefly

5 years ago

Definitely sounds like a neat addition. I've contemplated horizontal pipes in the past, but didn't find a good way to implement them, since I also want T- and cross-sections. It's on the list though, so you might see them pop up in the future.

# 3

by

CAPTWINDOWShobos

5 years ago

That is cool beans served in awesome sauce

# 4

by

obi-

5 years ago

The easiest thing to do, I think would be to make the pipe block update when a pipe block is placed next to it, depending on which side, kinda like the stairs already do. This would not add any new blocks so we would avoid cramping up the inventory.

# 5

by

CAPTWINDOWShobos

5 years ago

Then we would have the same issue we run into with using half a door that is blocks not turning the direction you want

# 6

by

Firefly

5 years ago

@obi and @Capt: you're both right. I want to find a balance between the system being intelligent and being able to actually build what you want. The current vertical columns work great because they're always oriented without any surprises. The horizontal pipes must be separate blocks so you can signal your intention. But since they can orient themselves along two axes in the horizontal plane, I do want to add some 'intelligence' so that you don't need explicit north-south and east-west variants.

Post 1–6 of 6