ATTN: Linux users!

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 28

1 2 3 » Next

OP

by

Firefly

5 years ago

For all power users playing Angeldust on Linux: can you please test out a new binary I compiled? Download it from this URL: http://downloads.angeldu.st/Angeldust.x86_64-2_24_1.zip (.zip MD5-hash is ffaa603f47c8d84ac74d5404eb5fb5c6) Unpack the .zip and you'll get a new Angeldust.x86_64 which you can drop into your existing Angeldust installation. Back up the old binary to be able to quickly revert. And you might need to chmod +x the new binary. Hashes for the new binary are: MD5: f283914206423062e640a5d6f184d777 SHA256: 15d6a2b47b297f91f4741cbd8b63c74f0abf3847a239e9585506ccb7e7109663 Let me know if this binary works. It's compiled using a newer toolchain and should have slight performance improvements. But I need to make sure that it still runs on all current systems. Please report back with successes or failures and the operating system you tested on.

# 2

by

tom xd

5 years ago

OK thanks.

# 3

by

Hummm

5 years ago

I like it! I'm running 8 instances on one machine... (all logged in, but, obviously one instance has focus) which previously was the tipping point (would cause resource issues and crashes) ... so far (15-20 minutes) everything still running smoothly (able to switch instances and play any one of them)

# 4

by

Firefly

5 years ago

Hummm: maybe I already know this, but which distribution and version did you test on? I'm not sure if the new version is *much* lighter / better than before, but I'm glad it runs at all!

# 5

by

Moniq

5 years ago

I was running it shortly yesterday on Linux Mint 18.1 / x64. I had some torubles with conection, but I think that wasn't problem of the client, when switched to the original version when disconnectedI had troubles to log in as well (and web was shortly unaccessible from my side). Shortly later it was ok. I was too tired and lazy to resarch the problem while it was gone. It runs but if you want to test it more it will take some time.

# 6

by

Firefly

5 years ago

@Moniq: 'running at all' is good enough feedback for now. I'm mostly concerned about system libraries (.so) not lining up with the previous version, but so far the binary runs on all systems I've tested it on.

# 7

by

Moniq

5 years ago

In case you need cover more distributions, I can also try on Mint 19 and maybe on LMDE and Debian, but those stations are not for gaming (atm I have no idea about 3D working there at all :))

# 8

by

Firefly

5 years ago

@Moniq: any testing is appreciated. Angeldust even starts up without X11 or OpenGL, stopping on window creation. I just need to know if you see the Angeldust console banner appear.

# 9

by

Hummm

5 years ago

Arch Linux (it's a rolling distro)

# 10

by

Moniq

5 years ago

Linux Mint 19 seems ok

Post 1–10 of 28

1 2 3 » Next