Appointing stewards

in English in Forums

Post 21–30 of 69

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Next

# 21

by

Firefly

5 years ago

Durrr! I tested out the parentheses in-game, where they do work. Apparently you can't sign in on the website since it does more stringent checks, which is good. I wanted to go for (GM) in front so others can't spoof these account names, but that appears to be problematic. Adding (GM) to the end makes it so that others can fake them, which would just leave the copper crown as identification, which is unspoofable. But then we'd have to go for different names. Do you three have a good idea for an alternative nickname? I'll drop the (GM) part then, but you'll have the crown. As for 'regular playing': helping players works best in the 'play together' zone. Feel free to use that and walk into the world with them. 'Wonder' is OK too as new players might gather on that spot, but don't stay there for too long as the wonder location rotates often. What you shouldn't do is just telecharge into any world area and start killing mobs there. If you got into a high level area from 'play together', that's entirely cool, but don't just telecharge around where others can't follow (players might not be or remain friends with all GMs). I think claiming an area (in 'play together') and showing that you can build together is cool too. I might even add a GM command to erase those claims later on. Other than that, you can recommend making friends (or have your main account nearby as well) if you intend to actually play together with more advanced folks. I kind of want the team of GMs to feel like a substitute Firefly when I'm not streaming :D Makes sense?

# 22

by

obi-

5 years ago

Removing the "player name must start with a plain letter or digit" rule would work too. I suspect it exist so people cant have their name as "))()/()" or something similar. You could replace it with "player name must contain a plain letter or digit" ? We can always just remove parentheses and have it as "GM Name" I don't understand why someone couldn't forge "(GM) Name", they can just remove the space inbetween and have a fake. Building together would be very cool and players could learn a lot too. How would it work? A GM claims land in play together, then uses a command to unclaim every claim he owns? In this case, I think a GM needs to have every item ingame unlocked, including the weapons etc, to maximize leanring/helping potential.

# 23

by

Alexi M

5 years ago

I would recommend instead of (GM) and the crown just add a new icon to the game, like a sword or hammer or any other tool. To say that no one will understand this is stupid, because even now no one will understand what this crown badge means, I just suggested an alternative that will kill two birds with one stone.

# 24

by

obi-

5 years ago

I tend to dissagree with you Alex: The bronze crown is logical, since crown badges are meant for game "officials" such as devs and contributors, and now moderators. People have always used acronyms for their clan tags and similar things, in this case GM. Theres nothing wrong with asking what it means. If that really is a issue, we can use (Mod), but I don't see a big enought problem to.

# 25

by

obi-

5 years ago

As I logged into Angeldust to get my daily bonus I got an idea: What if when you got friend request from someone with a badge, there would be a subsection or another "box"(same space as 1 FR "box"). It would look something like this: Send and accept friend requests FRIEND REQUESTS |Developer of the game| | Firefly Accept Ignore | space is green Accept Ignore | |Contributor| | Player_Name Accept Ignore | |Moderator| | (GM) Hummm Accept Ignore | (GM) Alex M. Accept Ignore | (GM) obi Accept Ignore | |Wonder builder| | |Donator| | |Pioneer| | |Early Bird| | ----------------------------- | NoBadge_player Accept Ignore | NoBadge_player Accept Ignore | NoBadge_player Accept Ignore | ... The "Badge boxes" would only appear when you have a FR from a player with the badge, it could also be colored for aesthetic porpuses. I would also like to report a bug: On the website it showsI have 649 FR, but ingame it shows the number 646. I've been seeing this difference for a loooong time, maybe even as early as I had 300 or 400 FR. It used to be off by one, then two and now 3.

# 26

by

obi-

5 years ago

Aparently this website deletes spaces if there are more than 2 in a row. Guess there are a bunch of |||| now, were supposed to be the side of the FR list.

# 27

by

obi-

5 years ago

And oh yea, I forgot to write the reason to have this...its so players would know what the badges mean.

# 28

by

Hummm

5 years ago

Perhaps a simpler solution to the website blocking names that start with ( is to not block it for login, but continue to block it for account creation (and everywhere you can create accounts) ... then the only way to get an account that starts with a ( is for FF to rename it.

# 29

by

Firefly

5 years ago

@obi — I'll take a look at your idea later. @Hummm — that was the idea. If only I can appoint names starting with '(' it's a clear sign of an official account. Except the website is so secure that it doesn't let you sign in using it right now :D The game does.

# 30

by

Firefly

5 years ago

Yesterday Hummm joined us during the live stream with his steward account and I think the (GM) prefix looked absolutely fine there combined with the copper crown. I've just updated the website so that you can actually sign in using the (GM) accounts. Can you three please check this and report back? Signing into the game should have already worked. You can also reset your password for these accounts if necessary. With this in place, I'm almost ready to flip the switch on this. I'm contemplating different methods of operation, since I don't want to overload new players with friend requests and I think them at least becoming or being friends with me is important for the community aspect: A) Every new player gets a friend request (FR) from Firefly and all three GMs B) Every new player gets a FR from Firefly and one random GM C) Every new player is automatically friends with Firefly and gets a FR from all three GMs D) Every new player is automatically friends with Firefly and gets one FR from a random GM What do you all think is a good approach? Again, this is out in the open for transparency.

Post 21–30 of 69

Previous « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Next