Telecharging the walls

in English in Forums

Post 1–10 of 11

1 2 » Next

OP

by

Firefly

4 years ago

Yesterday (at least) two players notified me of a fun trick you could do with the telecharger to move through walls. These rascals managed to cheat their way into The Void, the area where we do our PvP battles. No players were harmed. In all, it's good fun being able to move through walls, but it's not the way Angeldust was intended to be played :D So together with the fix for Angelio's missing holo scroll messages I've rolled out another fix. You can no longer telecharge to a position where you are inside a wall. Instead, you remain where you are. I believe this fixes the exploit. As far as I know this doesn't prevent 99,999% of telecharger interactions. Only the ones where players purposely tried to get into and through walls. To the "Red Team" who told me about the trick: please try your best to find problems with the fix. I think it's watertight, but I might have missed some details. You know where to find me for reporting your results. Everyone: let me know if this breaks things for you. I can tweak your telecharger locations if you find yourself unable to telecharge after this patch.

# 2

by

Firefly

4 years ago

Just rolled out an additional fix, thanks to @Moniq: you can always telecharge using your land claim buttons even though you might end up inside your own wall.

# 3

by

Firefly

4 years ago

The upcoming Angeldust v3.7 update will also inform players via a user interface message that there is not enough physical room to spawn at the destination. This makes everything a bit more transparent and user-friendly.

# 4

by

IAS AMIR

4 years ago

I got 1 idea about photon. In Photon Imitator how animals spawn like that you should make something like it in which Our 4 hero's should spawn.

# 5

by

Firefly

4 years ago

For now I like the selection of spawnable creatures for the photon imitator. I think adding heroes there would only lead to much confusion.

# 6

by

IAS AMIR

4 years ago

And what you think about who has more badges they can choose badge in website which they want.

# 7

by

IAS AMIR

4 years ago

Which badges they have that badges only they can select.

# 8

by

obi-

4 years ago

Swaleha, you're a bit too late. We already have that: https://angeldu.st/en/details Getting feedback when tp is obstructed is great. I would also love it if the cooldown was lowered or instant so we could try to tp sooner / without waiting the 20(I think) seconds to tp again.

# 9

by

wartaint

4 years ago

Instant tp cool down?!?! Me likes.

# 10

by

IAS AMIR

4 years ago

Hey obi2002 where we get this option for changing?

Post 1–10 of 11

1 2 » Next