Steam (Windows, macOS, Linux) Windows iTunes App Store

ATTN: The future

in English in Forum

Post 1–8 di 8

PO

di

Firefly

3 mesi fa

Pretty big announcement on the livestream today. If you missed it live, you can watch the replay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqG47oJ_yTs&t=4470s Nothing's changing just yet, but feel free to talk about the news here, ask questions or discuss your thoughts. Thanks to everyone who was already supportive on the livestream; I will keep you all updated as time moves along.

# 2

di

ShinjouChYT

3 mesi fa

We're not giving up about this game, if it get down, we Recreate it!!!!! FORÇA ANGELDUST! VOCÊ ESTÁ COM A GENTE!!!

# 3

di

sl_pro

3 mesi fa

Yeah

# 4

di

TalkingPlants

3 mesi fa

I'll be Mr. Boring on this, for the good of the game and the brand, When I worked with clients and colleagues, I would somehow find myself in the part of the discussion establishing What are the primary goals in this situation before they decided on a larger set of directions to move. We'd draw out the scenarios, often white board and marker, looking at: If we chose Direction A, Then these are the expenses, risk levels, other factors which would follow Direction A. If choosing Direction B, then these factors follow. or Direction C, So it lead to the discussion of how does this goal fulfill: affordability, profitability, and manageability all in one. This is sort of a composite of different experience I've had, not specific to one organization. lol. Wed also define what is cost prohibitive, too great of an amount to risk, or would need more support to operate effectively. Finding the balance. So I wonder, can it be defined, lets call it MAP - What is Manageable ? - What is Affordable? - What is Profitable? ------------------------------ Off top of my head, would any of this meet that criteria? Working with Micro transactions https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/understanding-microtransactions-looming-price-hikes-games-vardeman?trk=article-ssr-frontend-pulse_more-articles_related-content-card MARKETING: 1. Additional forms of merchandise, if budget available -Mugs, backpacks, stickers, desk mats, posters -3D Printed characters, available for painting \_ possibility to parter with online art supply stores for PPC ads? 2. Mailing list or weekly social media posting about various topics -how to play -what you can build -what you can win, etc 3. Showcase Player art on AD website with Share button. ---------------------------- There's no shortage of good ideas. We've all shared interested, likes, dislikes, all helpful to crafting a good vision. If you enjoy the art of live-streaming, (because it is an art) does it have to be the same format you've been doing? Is it the game that has to be profitable or is there another service or product the business can offer that becomes the primary revenue avenue? I see there to be a lot of potential in the streaming and player participation, some can integrate monetary and marketing efforts, some participation can simply be for the fanbase, but then everything fan and community is also marketing, that's the Word of mouth marketing I believe . Anyway, it's a good start to a good discussion for a good year. and what about collaborative streams with other game artists or developers? okay ill hold off any further crazy ideas for now. hehe

# 5

di

Hummm

3 mesi fa

All good ideas here... I've been pushing micro transactions for years. FF has been adamantly against them. Perhaps, a larger community "buy-in" would change his mind. I've love to sell some of my in-game cash to someone for real money, with "the house" taking a cut.

# 6

di

Rob12

3 mesi fa

I just saw this post today, and then watched the live-stream. I don't know what to say yet :( I will PM you soon, when I feel a bit better and I have the time to write properly.

# 7

di

ritpop

3 mesi fa

put some ads in the mobile, may for 50 or 100 coins. Theres a lot of frameworks to add the google ads in the game. but maybe isnt the direction you want to go.

# 8

di

Firefly

3 mesi fa

On the livestream I sort of addressed that going the way of microtransactions and in-app purchases isn't really viable in Angeldust—it's been designed ground-up to be a fun experience without built-in time- or content-gating. We have no 'exclusive currencies' that you could buy, except for dungeon and quest points, and I believe those are more valuable as rewards for time investment rather than financial investments. Because I think involvement in the game from players is worth more than money—it's what lets us build a community. Which is more value to future customers and players. Another point I want to address is that some players think I will pull the plug on the website and game server soon. This is not the case: I will make sure the Angeldust game server and website continue "forever" in a smaller scale hosting setup. I have been hosting my private websites and other services for multiple decades now and Angeldust can slot right into my existing infrastructure at little additional cost. So don't worry that things will be lost. I respect anyone's decision to play or not play.

Post 1–8 di 8