Time for suggestions!

in English in Forum

Post 11–16 di 16

Prec. « 1 2

# 11

di

Angelio

3 anni fa

@hyjuki, your suggestion number 13 is very interesting, I've seen in RPGs games doing that and it really works on motivating players to level up and for that to do hunting and hopefully with friends. As for all the rest of your suggestions i'll let Firefly answer you.

# 12

di

Schnider

3 anni fa

Porções mágicas torna o jogo macabro.

# 13

di

Schnider

3 anni fa

@Hyjuki gostei da ideia 14 👍

# 14

di

Schnider

3 anni fa

I was here thinking .... O builder get the ax in your hand but do not sample the ax in your hand, and the shield of the warrior should be useful for something like: serving for ataka Ataks

# 15

di

Firefly

3 anni fa

More initial reactions, first to @hyjuki: 11- I'm very averse to invisible blocks for NPC routing. I 100% understand it would solve all the problems that everyone has and lead to world peace, but it makes that part of the game completely invisible and hard to understand for newer players. I'm also out of numbers. For now, treat the obnoxious NPC routing as a limitation that pushes you to think creatively. 12- Damaging lava has been on my mind for four+ years now(?), at least way before I released the lava block. My main gripe is that you can kill players without recourse. I understand it would be entirely fun and lead to world peace, but it makes the game very troll-y when you're around the wrong people. 13- I understand that funneling and gating progression would make the game more fun, but I also love giving freedom to the players to be who they want to be. You can at least selectively choose if you want to invest in blocks, colors, items, land claims, your house or dancing. In a way, content is gated by virtue of needing coins to progress. How do others feel about this? 14- I think I posted a list of places where players can meet up easily. 'Play together!' is one, the active wonder is one, my house is one, the forums is one, the Discord server is one. I think the problem lies more with the number of new and active players than with the means of reaching them. 15- The time limit will be very hard to convey I feel. And even with the time limit it symmetrically amplifies a griefer's power. See this thread for my analysis of the issue: https://angeldu.st/en/forums/topics/8582/The+Biggest+Damage+-+The+Show Then, on to @ivo56's suggestions: 1- Instead of adding a fifth hero and having to do two year's work of redesigning, rebranding, remarketing and rewriting everything I'd rather look into expanding the capabilities of the existing heroes. In all honesty: would a fifth hero really make the game so much better? Can you explain what that fifth hero would do that would transform the game from your perceived subpar state to absolutely great? 2- Yes, there could be more items. But ultimately nothing in Angeldust is legendary or rare. Because everyone wants legendary and rare stuff. Everyone wants to be the chosen one. And so everyone ultimately is equally legendary and rare. That's a situation you don't encounter in single-player, story-driven games. Still, I want to introduce some gated stuff that will require more legendary grinding to get. (I also don't have the budget or means to produce artwork and code for dozens or hundreds of unique, rare items.) 3- I'm not a fan of oceans. Lower end systems don't handle underground (underwater) parts well and I feel a big selling points of Angeldust is its pretty good performance on older devices. Dungeons… maybe. What would you expect them to be, or to add to the game? 4- Consumables don't fit into Angeldust's gameplay design. Boats currently seem a bit unnecessary without the aforementioned oceans. If you absolutely want boats and consumables, there's hundreds of older and newer games in a variety of styles that pull those off really well—I can't really compete with those. 5- Adding cross-platform VoIP on (already slow) 3G or Wi-Fi links with STUN servers is not within my current budgetary capabilities. You're better off using a third-party VoIP solution like Discord, TeamSpeak, Skype or alike.

# 16

di

hyjuki

3 anni fa

Thanks for your time 11- Understood (forget about this, my mistake: I used conveyor belts to move npcs because they also give me a speed boost, that's why npcs were always in search mode and went to stickers when in range) 12- I don't think so :/ if the lava does -1 per second, the player has enough time to teleport, no? 13-  ok (new suggestion:16) 14- Ok, what about displaying the number of online players? 15- Wow you really talked a lot in that thread lol. You discussed a lot of solutions and I didn't read everything there yet, but I think this is the only thing I can add: in my opinion, restricted unclaiming (4-10 unclaims? With a cost multiplied every time?) is still a good solution that would encourage players to negotiate for changing lands ownership, aside from giving build perms. New players will also be able to correct their mistakes after learning about grief problems. 16- "In a way, content is gated by virtue of needing coins to progress", but hunting is the only way to get coins, can you give some coins in pvp wins and spread the blue coins there, and also for every n blocks placed to support devbuilders (why do I sound like a beggar)

Post 11–16 di 16

Prec. « 1 2