door

atlasTR

2 jaren geleden

türkçe çeviri

# 62

door

Deneon

1 jaar geleden

Found this peace of drama when searching for new player experince, good to know this community isnt all happy happy rainbows. I want to release some steams too =). Angeldust will problably stay a bit nieche game( not for all ) and as for Play store stars there may be many reasons why rating dropped, reasons that may or may not have anything to do with new player experience. The same reason i cant stand most AAA games. I remember as a new player, when i got more far a way in the woods, i started to loose health badly despite of my healing sword. Moving healed me but that meant i had to go backwards. Then solved problem by saving the spot, logging out and back, teleing back to spot( with cost of immersion ). That said if i could just make a fireplace that would heal me periodly and despawning as soon enemy comes too close of it, would keep the immersion ( and look awesome at nighttime ). Unorthodox starting place doesnt suit for all. Most games have kinda standartised starting areas, to make player feel warm or welcome or whatever. To me woods made the same effect, since i really dont like park type 'woods' most mmo games have. Also mobs that wont spawn over me is something that i loved, but that will take time to notice( or not ). Randomized mobs also keeps me on guard, easy peacy can turn into tight fight suddenly. Of course even more variation to combat mechanics can be gained by adding more weapons/tools to change in fight( knight ehm. mobility ehm. ). So to add even more to Fireflyes endless list of player wishes( +fireplace ), moving starting point to streamer city etc. might help first time experience( somebody said it allready? ). players have 'house' button in comms anyway. Npc:s can ofc give unguided quest like ' can u help clearing north side of town ' etc. If new player by any change gets the idea of player made cities/wonders/quest alikes, They might come back later if thats the game they want. P.S i have visited muds that i started playing in last millenia, i hope i can log in angeldust after 20y too ( when im superold ).

# 63

door

Angelio

1 jaar geleden

Yoo ! 20 years old gang here too !! PS : I like the idea of a camp fire, it sure would be cool with friends you travel with, would look amazing when Firefly's hunt stream. I imagine this with the fire in the middle with placed some wood for us to sit and maybe even some tents. It's basacly like the healing machine for the builder, but would last longer, maybe heal slower, and it would be interresting when fighting mobs or a boss, you would have to defend the campfire in order to not have it destroyed.

# 64

door

Firefly

1 jaar geleden

@Angelio: I think @Deneon means 20 years of playing Angeldust. So far our world has existed for about six and a half years, so we're already on a third of that goal! :D @Deneon: it sounds like you've run into one of the major weaknesses of the fighter hero playing solo. You can tank more hits than other heroes, but when you're about to RIP, you RIP. Somewhat recently I added a fighter healing bonus when killing creatures to reward tanking large groups. The campfire idea is already somewhat present—when sitting down you'll receive a small, regular healing bonus. You don't see a campfire, but at least you cozily sit down. There's also the treasure chests that provide healing, but you'll have to look for them. Basically the fighter works best combined with a builder or sorceress for more direct healing. Playing solo is probably best done using a different hero, have you tried any yet for comparison? Or maybe you can ask a friend to back you up and play together? I understand that in other games you can essentially play as an immortal epic knight that survives on their own against all odds, but Angeldust doesn't quite do that yet as I sort of want to encourage playing together. If everyone is a hero, nobody really is a hero.

# 65

door

fatih+

1 jaar geleden

man talking fax

# 66

door

Deneon

1 jaar geleden

Didn't know sitting heals, so probably new players dont know it either. Part reason i play lot alone is that i play just little here and there every day. My moment in the woods =)

Bericht 61–66 van 66

Vorige « 1 2 35 6 7