door

Kamikaze Justice

1 jaar geleden

Do you feel like a better person now?

# 43

door

obi-

1 jaar geleden

Of course I skipped the conveyors, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, I skipped many other things too, the whole point of speedrunning is to find fast ways to do things and skip things, look at the initial few posts about speedrunning from Firefly if you dont believe me - That's where the fun of speedrunning lies! If you look at any speedrunning guide on any game, it's all about exploits and doing fishy things to get fast times. Unless its a 100% glitchless run. I also legit just told you you can get just as fast if not faster times with the scout than with the sorceress, because of her glide ability, the neo jump is impossible with any other hero. The only real hero with a disadvantage is the fighter, he can't fly, can't glide, can't build a jumping pad like the builder. To explain the scout neo jump: you can jump straight onto the injector with the scout, skips the entire conveyor belt thing, it's awesome. Also: the scout is my favourite hero

# 44

door

Kamikaze Justice

1 jaar geleden

Skipping the entire conveyor belt by jumping a scout through an injector seems like something FF should clean up. I did hear him say, he wants the dungeon to be water tight.

# 45

door

Rob12

1 jaar geleden

I agree with KJ, I think using exploits is cheating. I also think that FF and Obi have an unfair advantage having been designers and testers for all of the dungeons. They should know all the puzzles inside and out.

# 46

door

Hummm

1 jaar geleden

I think "speedrun" is in a class by itself. In time, those that really want the title will learn what to look for and master the "art". Clearly, I will never be a contender until I find a "dig through the wall" exploit that by-passes everything... Trust me, I'm trying to find it. :D (Where's my rhino!?) ... until then, gg Obi.

# 47

door

Rob12

1 jaar geleden

I just think it defeats the purpose of having puzzles if you can totally skip them. Soon everyone will learn the exploits and no-one will do the puzzles any more.

# 48

door

Firefly

1 jaar geleden

I've written up the Steam release notes for Angeldust v3.24 including a section on speedrunning: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/488440/view/3667653087626030345?l=english So @Hummm is on the money—speedrunning Angeldust is an art or sport in itself and I'm totally encouraging everyone to break the experience (not the game) in any way possible to gain an advantage. @obi- is also right. ANY% allows any (ab)use of game mechanics. But I believe there are NO glitches and cheats in Angeldust. There are only ways to move and act in a way that gives an advantage in a controlled environment like the dungeons. There are also major sequence breaks in dungeons, but you need to find them. @obi- shared a major one earlier in this topic. I have never speedran any game myself, except for my one builder-run here in Angeldust. It was an amazing experience and maybe I'll do more runs in the future as I feel pretty proud of my 1:50.0. Next time I might try the scout as that is currently the top performing hero :-) In all, speedrunning is just another way for players to enjoy Angeldust. You can totally ignore it if you don't like it. Take me for example: I'm nowhere on Coins, Quests, Month, Sanctuary or Wonders, but I do like PvP and Speedrun. To each their own. To conclude, I'd recommend everyone to watch current WRs of Super Mario 64. That game has been broken, glitched and optimized to perfection and the speedrun is very entertaining to watch. (Also, with the release of Angeldust v3.24 all eyes are laser-focused on the dungeons and speedrunning, but the entirety of the rest of the game is still there. I hope that a new balance will arise once the initial hype subsides.)

# 49

door

Rob12

1 jaar geleden

After more thought on the matter, I have changed my stance regarding cheating, I admit I didn't understand it. I think I'm just to old to comprehend these newer gaming concepts. Good luck to everyone.

# 50

door

Kamikaze Justice

1 jaar geleden

I got it now. Since "cheating", or exploiting a flaw, is completely excusable, it can't be called cheating, can it? Whatever flaw I find, I'm obliged to keep to myself, because it's my advantage.

Bericht 41–50 van 61

Vorige « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Volgende