DEV: WebGL version

dans English dans Forums

Message 1–10 sur 38

1 2 3 4 » Suivant

Auteur du sujet

par

stompy

6 mois plus tôt

Firefly, was watching the stream and obviously you're being super lowkey on the details of the changes you're making, but you did mention something like a new client and an engine overhaul. I wanted to throw out the web api WebXR as an idea. Building with web technology opens a lot of doors for who can play the game, and solves a lot of problems with platform incompatibilities. WebXR in particular, would open the door for using VR equipment to play AD. Just a thought. I have more I'll post on separate topics related to game content with the [idea] or similar if others start something that catches on.

# 2

par

TalkingPlants

6 mois plus tôt

cool

# 3

par

Firefly

6 mois plus tôt

I read up on WebXR; sounds like a decent cross-platform abstraction for VR. It's one step too far I think; I'd rather shoot for WebGL first, and later bolt on WebXR, instead of tying the two together. My assessment of "the market" is that VR is still relatively niche, while WebGL is commonplace these days. The Angeldust engine also doesn't support camera roll (yet). I am ashamed! This is why Alexi's doomsday video was impressive: it simulated camera roll for great cinematic effect.

# 4

par

Firefly

5 mois plus tôt

We WebGL now: https://angeldu.st/static/webgl/

# 5

par

stompy

5 mois plus tôt

I see the stream. Web version is BIIIIIIIIIG. Nice work! Anonymous logins in cinematic or follow mode would be cool if you're looking where to go from here. Honestly web version seriously lowers the barrier to entry though. Crazy how quick that was implemented.

# 6

par

obi-

5 mois plus tôt

Bug reports: - keybindings are by location (qwerty) not by the actual key you're pressing. So undo is Z not Y on my qwertz. - text size option missing - UI is offset on non fullscreen mobile (chrome browser on android) - crashes on wrong password sign in sometimes

# 7

par

Angelio

5 mois plus tôt

The games keeps crashing before it's been a minute since i logged in. I don't know why, i tried to figure out but i haven't found yet.

# 8

par

Firefly

5 mois plus tôt

I've renamed this forum topic from 'Engine Overhaul [idea]' to make it more suitable for ongoing discussion on the new online WebGL version. @Angelio: does it crash even when staying at your house? Did you change any options like increasing view distance? Does the game function regularly before it decides to crash? Do you know how to open the web developer (JavaScript) console—do you see any errors there?

# 9

par

Angelio

5 mois plus tôt

Turns out, when you put view distance to "very far", the game crashes very fast... (it does support "far" but not beyond that)

# 10

par

Firefly

5 mois plus tôt

@Angelio: thanks for testing! The WebGL version is conservative on resource use and crashes at higher view distances because it runs out of allotted memory, which is currently set _very_ low. My first goal is to make sure that even low end devices can play this. I'll add some guard rails for this.

Message 1–10 sur 38

1 2 3 4 » Suivant